Thursday, September 24, 2009

New board = worst wind since July!!

So I got my new board, an RRD Twintip 88, and I am really happy with it.  Its a little different to the one I'm used to, but I have managed do everything i normally can do on it.  Now to some new moves!!  Sadly it bought with it a curse on the wind, we've had the most lightwind days since July this week.
I haven't yet got any photos but its on the list of things to do definitely.
The windiest day this week bought winds of 35knots or more.  The guests all wanted to check out the wavebeach so we headed up there and spent 3 hours jumping and riding, it was some of the best conditions i have ever seen there.  I spent a while at my tripod photographing the guests, who thankfully kept me entertained with some great aerials, sneaking in a few runs in between with a few nice jumps for myself.   
Later we decided to do the downwinder back to the centre, great fun, except the wind out in the middle of the channel wasnt so good, being on a 3.3m sail I spent most of the time bobbing back, when I finally got planning I stacked a gybe down some massive swell and had to finish the trip with really bruised ribs.  
I managed a few freestyle sessions yesterday on my day off, making sure my new board can spock. We went back to the wavebeach which was great, very mellow and chilled out compared to the day before.  Even in the swell and small waves I managed a couple of vulcans and a spock before the wind died which i am very pleased with. I need to take a couple of days off to get my ribs better and chill now.

No comments:

Post a Comment