Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Cape Town 2010



I've been in Cape Town a few days now, after a fantastic new years party (that's a whole other story!). We have had one day on the water, starting in the morning at the lake to warm up and see how much freestyle we've forgotton!! Luckily I had a pretty good session, although the wind was pretty on and off, making it a good workout too. In the afternoon the wind still didnt seem that strong when we checked out Big Bay so we headed to Sunset beach, rigged up 4.0 and quickly realised 3.3 was needed, it had become really windy!! I had a great session, realising the improvement since i was last here two years ago. I managed my first proper Cape Town wave ride putting in a good few turns, which is something I really want to work on this year as well as learning to control jumps on port again, something living in a starboard tack location has ruined for me!
Unfortunately I only got the camera out once I was finished sailing so Phil also by this time was done so the photos I have are of random people on the waves. Still i'm pretty excited about the photos we can achieve this year with my new kit.

No comments:

Post a Comment