Tuesday, June 30, 2009

June is almost over....

On the water this month we have all been giving it everything, trying to nail new moves.  Dan Simpson who works here very nearly knocked himself out trying to One-handed Eslider and had the fun experience of the new hospital we are lucky to have in El Tur.  He has managed to get his first Flakas this month though, I have been trying but am yet to succeed in being able to Spock and Phil is working on Flakas on his bad side and has fine-tuned his Shakas in the other direction. We are putting together a staff video in July and so I intend to put it on my blog when its ready.

June has been really windy, 100% days have delivered force 4 or more.  A few of them were big sails days but majority have been fully windy (3.7 has been a regular choice of sail for me).  Sadly today and yesterday have been lighter, still allowing me to get on a 5.3 for short sessions but really the break is needed and appreciated.

Lately as well as Spock training I have been beavering away in the workshop, having decided i quite enjoy doing board repairs 3 more boards got damaged, I think I tempted fate!  Its good to have time to do a repair and finish it really well and not rush it, also its good to have something to keep me busy when its really quiet!  

Next month our bookings are looking fairly quiet, so we will have a lot of freestyle time and I intend to do many more water sessions with my camera.  I also keep meaning to get up for the sunrise one day to catch some nice shots....bed is just too good though!  We have the idea of going to Cairo too, wind, guests and temperature dependant so there maybe some news from there! Until July tho I'm back off to the workshop.....





No comments:

Post a Comment