Saturday, June 27, 2009

Working hard....

Since learning to windsurf I have been really lucky to have had jobs in Egypt, renowned for its wind.  This meant I was forced to learn fast or not sail, and when being the only girl working with 15 blokes on a beach I needed to fit in.  Now, because of that, my windsurfing is at a very good standard, and we are back working in Egypt so we are in the perfect location to improve more and more.  June has been so windy, the forecast at the moment is incredible, everyday for a week we have wind forecast about 20knots, (24mph or more).  This means small sails and fast moves.  It's an addictive sport so its hard when its blowing and you're tired not to go out.  Days consist of helping guests (we have few at the moment), windsurfing, helping guests, windsurfing and then some more windsurfing.  We are spending 2 hours or more a day on the water, eating dinner and sleeping, perfect.
Obviously we do have work to do too, don't get me wrong, but we slip it in between sessions.  Board repairing is sometimes a welcome break, and i am really enjoying that at the moment.  I also obviously get my camera out a fair bit and we are trying to make a staff video which is fun, need to nail some more moves for it :) Watch this space...

No comments:

Post a Comment