Saturday, April 3, 2010

Fish eye fun!!



Yesterday bought some surprise light winds, enough to get me going on a 5.3, so i took out one of the centres new 5.3 Gators (stealthy black of course) and had half an hour play, with Phil as my personal camera man. This of course means I was the only one he was there to photograph, but as always when you get a camera out its like a magnet and everyone is drawn in, which was a little annoying, even the Russians from Ibi and Friends suddenly decided they could sail upwind and came over to get in the way and make horrible board chop!! The wind died pretty rapidly, but we still got some funny shots, and I also got a Spock 540 woohoo!! Finally! I got all the way round upright, perfect, smooth, and then slow motion managed to mess up the foot change and fall in! D'oh! Getting there, and 5.3 is the biggest sail I've freestyled on since we left here in November, having been spoiled by Cape Town and also March's windy days this winter. I'm happy with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment